The Happy Learning Centre is a bespoke provider of Education with an aim to support children with both their academic and emotional development. We are a small centre with a maximum of 10 children on site and have a highly skilled staff team who work together to ensure the best possible outcomes for children being partly educated at the Happy Learning Centre. Our hours of provision are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10.00-2.00pm. Children may need to arrive earlier to get the relevant site (Southbourne or Corfe Mullen). The Happy Learning Centre work closely with the Local Authority to ensure transport is not a barrier to the right learning environment.
- Individual learning pods to help keep teaching and learning focused.
- Short but focused 1:1 teaching sessions with qualified teacher and SENCo
- We believe that emotional wellbeing and ELSA outcomes are as important as academic development.
- Qualified ELSA and a restorative approach to behaviour management.
- Living wall in the centre where each child is given a box of plants to nurture and look after.
- OT area to support any OT outcomes within the EHCP.
- Access to SALT on site in agreement with LA funding.
- Low arousal environment with focus on natural elements e.g. artificial grass in 2 rooms, white walls, wooden framed learning pods etc.
- STEM (Science, technology, engineering and maths) projects are continuously available to ensure children have the opportunity to embed the taught skills in a real and engaging way.
- Lego therapy embedded into children’s curriculum time.
We work with Local Authorities and Schools to support short, medium and long term placements. Please contact Dan at email@example.com to discuss the referral process.